August 9, 2008

Silly Dark K-nnnigget (/outrageous French accent)

I considered writing an actual review of this film, but seeing as everyone and their parole officer have already added their two (double-sided) cents, what could I possibly contribute? What could I say that no one else has? What makes me different? Wait, there is the fact that...

...I'm not wearing hockey pads.






**Large**






Spoiler Rant:


Batman's “now you see me, now you don't” trick really only works on the camera operators.

Cameraman: Okay, we've got Batman framed in the shot. Switch to Camera 2 for reaction. Now back again to- Ah goddammit, Batman!
Prick
.

Gordon: I totally saw him crawl into the dumbwaiter.

Cameraman: ...

Gordon: Can I give my hackneyed speech about heroism now?


(Images courtesy of Warner Brothers and www.webweaver.nu)

8 comments:

Evan said...

You should try blogging in hockey pants, it can be quite productive...

FixedXorBroken said...

You should watch the previous Batman movie. It explained his stealth abilities at length.

Movie Meg said...

fixedxorbroken, I have seen “Batman Begins” albeit only once.

What I was getting at is that Batman’s trick only truly works provided that someone turns away for a moment (like a cameraman).

During a scene in “The Dark Knight” Dent speaks to Batman, turns to Gordon, and when he looks back The Bat is gone. Gordon replies, “He does that.” Had Gordon been focusing on Batman instead of Dent, surely he would’ve seen him sneak away somehow? Even if it was only a blur of his cape jumping off the building. But that’s not as cool as disappearing.

Yes, Liam Neeson taught him to “become truly invisible” and Batman has martial arts skills and nifty gadgets, but Nolan’s films are supposed to be relatively realistic, he can’t disappear right before your eyes. (Unless I really missed something!)

When all is said and done, I was simply trying to be funny.

Anyway, thank you for your comment and for stopping by! I love discussing films.

Jen said...

I got it... it was funny. That was a very diplomatic reply. I probably would have said something like "it was a joke, idiot."

ok... maybe I wouldn't have done that. It was an easy mistake to make.

Movie Meg said...

Thanks, Jen! I'm glad I'm not just amusing myself here ;)

(Even critics have critics I guess!)

Ben said...

Obviously you were joking! It's all in good fun.

I think that he can tell if you're about to blink and he can run away then too.

Movie Meg said...

@ben "I think that he can tell if you're about to blink and he can run away then too."

Ha ha, I think you're right! What with the bat sonar and all.

Thanks for stopping by!

Mike said...

Meg, you need to blog more. :-P Not that I should be talking, though I do use Twitter which is sort of a mini-blog.